Sunday, October 11, 2009

Facial time!!!

When I went to clubfest I found a booth for the volleyball club. I was so excited because it said that any body could join. I hadn't played volleyball since sophomore year of high school so i was a little nervous. I went to the first open gym and of course was hooked.
I have been playing now for a couple months. I joined for personal reasons. I love the sport of volleyball and was really worried that I wouldn't get the chance to play sports in college. So when I found ths club I was super psyched.
I have practice twice a week and then we will start tournaments in a couple months. I love this sport because you get to make friends by playing something that you love. I like playing because i get the exercise that I need and it is a great stress reliever. I'm not really sure how this club can help me with leadership.
It can help me in the future because I will be out doing something and will stay healthy. This way it keeps me from just sitting in my room. It helps too because I will have time for just me. Where I won't have to worry about homework or class. I get to just forget everything for a few hours a week and play a sport with girls that love it just as much as me.

9 comments:

  1. I know how you feel about not getting to play sports in college and it great to know that we still get the chance to be competitive and have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is cool how you rediscovered a passion you once had. You found a club i imagine you will really enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you ever want to go practice with anytime just call me! I think you are really going to love this experience. Sports are a great way to channel any kind of energy (good or bad) and by the end of it, leave you feeling really great about yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sports are a great way to get away from everything and just relax and have fun. I definetly know what you mean by worrying about not playing sports in college.

    ReplyDelete
  5. about what you had said concerning leadership, I think that anything that has to do with teams could potentially help you with leadership. As a member of a team you can develop leadership skills within that group by rising up and become a leader. Even if you dont end up leading that team you can learn by observing how others lead as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's good that you were able to find a club and have enjoyed the experienece from the beginnning.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Its awesome that you are enjoying volleyball so much. I am ind of jealous of you for it but still hope you have lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love volleyball it's such a great way to relax. I'm sure this club is an amazing one to be involved with. Good Luck in tournaments!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Its awesome that you found a club that you are so excited about, that will not only introduce you to more people, but its a great way to stay active! good luck!

    ReplyDelete